YJ back-draft

I took the doors (including rear door) off my 95 Wrangler hardtop.

The back-draft coming in thru the open rear bothers me ... exhaust fumes ... fine mist of water when roads are wet ... etc etc.

Any suggestions?

Reply to
beeps

Real Wrangler owners don't worry about a "fine mist of water" but exhaust can be a legitimate concern. With the front doors off though I do not believe that this will be a problem. I suppose that you already know that you should never, ever drive with the back door open or off and the front doors and windows closed.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Reply to
FrankW

It might sound snarky and unhelpful, but put the rear door back on. All that you are doing is creating a relative vacuum in the cabin and then sucking in the crappy air from behind you.

Bestop makes a thing they call a Windjammer, really just a soft wall that straps to the roll bar. You might consider trying that it you really want that rear door off.

Reply to
Lee Ayrton

?

Take out the winshield.

Is that snarky? :^)

Reply to
Jeepers

It is the nature of the beast. I like driving with my back window rolled up, but then always leave the front windows down. That gives the air somewhere to go so I don't get gassed out.

Taking the top off is the best for flow, second is a bikini top.

Something like a wind jammer that goes across the roll bar will stop backflow from hitting you, but with a top on the gasses will build up strong in the back and the windjammer isn't air tight so condensed gasses can get you with no front flow through.

Mike

beeps wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Cheezus....either put them back on, or....

Reply to
Gerald G. McGeorge

Guys ... your helpful suggestions are overwhelming.

But thanks for the wind-jammer suggestion. :p

Reply to
beeps