YJ door handle removal?

Anyone ever take the door handle out of a YJ? Daughters is broken, it can be fixed with a little welding but how do you get it out, oh and by the way, DC wants $104.00 Canadan for a new one, so weld it is.

Reply to
Greg

There are nuts inside the panel that hold it on.

But I sure don't think you are going to be able to weld it. It is that white metal crap I think.

Mike

Greg wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

When I bought my 94 YJ, both doors had issues. The one I remember most was the pass door which had a plastic rod locking device on the handle. The rod was white metal but the locker was plastic which was the broken piece. This also produced some binding when trying to roll down the window. These were full doors.

Reply to
Peter Parker

Go to a scrap yard or a Jeep shop. You could try

and email them. They carryall the parts and they are less then the original parts.

Reply to
Snowboardripper

__ Arold "Al" Green

Reply to
Arold "Al" Green

I agree that the scrap yard would be your best bet to save cost. Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

There are two little serrated wedges that hold it in place, forward and aft of the padle recess. The rear one is a bugger to get at, take the front one out first to see how it works.

Get a new one:

shows this one:

Full Steel Door Passenger Side Paddle Handle, Chrome, CJ, YJ,

1981-95 Product Number: 5758172 Includes square rubber seal. $29.99

I thought mine could be welded, it could but it would screw up the plating.

Cheers.

Greg wrote:

Reply to
Roy J

Thanks for the help, knew it was those serrated things, I haven't tried myself, but daughter and her boyfreind did, couldn't figure out how to get those out, and thanks for the link, even with duty and shipping it will be half of the cheapest I've found yet.

Reply to
Greg