Latest threads in Jeep and Willys (new and old)show only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

and now: Death Wobble 1989 XJ Style
: > Budd Cochran wrote: : : : > > : > > I got the upper control arm bushings installed. : > > : > > My homemade tool worked until I needed to press the new bushings : in so I : > > fumbled around with...
35
35

Fun with the zj
Been a while since I posted anything. : Thought my zj had a dead battery. No power at all, no lights, just a slight glow from the glovebox lamp. So I started to take the battery off and whad do ya...

lugnuts - covers breaking
Have a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Larado - Our son now has it up in Wisc.... for kayaking... below is email discussion... ---- A friend had a flat tire, and could not get the lugnuts off - tire iron was...
6
6

Command trac to Selec trac
I have a 98 Cherokee sport purchased new with command trac. Many years ago I swapped out the command trac transfer case for a select trac. I had a jeep dealer do the work. After the swap everything...
3
3

why can't i release my parking brake on Jeep
Our 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee is parked on an incline so my son pulled the parking brake and now I cannot get it off I am unable to push in the button therefore the lever will not go down.I am not a...
2
2

Re: Lurching in park - '98 Grand Cherokee
has anyone figured out what is wrong?

WWII Jeep 'found in crate' set to cross Greenwich auction block
From AB Fans of old military vehicles might want to pay extra close attention to the Greenwich Concours d'Elegance coming up this weekend. Crossing the Bonhams auction block on Sunday are a pair of...
2
2

Early series XJ front door hinge breakage tip
I guess I got lucky. My pre-MOPAR (88) MJ rolled down the drive when the parking brake cable snapped. Not too bad - it stopped about 6 feet up the neighbors driveway but... I had the hood up and the...
2
2

Renix E.F.I. tip
One difficulty Jeep owners have with the Renix Fuel Injection is setting the TPS correctly. I found myself needing to set my son's 88 XJ's TPS without a vehicle battery. The method I used was to take...
2
2

Dumb question time . . . .
I have an 88 XJ that I was going to use for parts for my 89 XJ but my son needs it running because it's in better shape or at least has the potential to be better than the 89 Astrovan he currently...
6
6

How to reset brake warning light
I replaced the front pads on my 89 and then bled the back brakes to reset the switch with no luck when the light came on. Budd
3
3

Wobble in 2001 WJ Front
getting a wobble in the steering wheel after running over say a rail road track or similar bump in the road .. replaced the from damper and seemed to help .. what else is loose that needs replacing .....
8
8

87,89,93
In looking to fill up wife's new Ford Focus, we used the premium 93 stuff.... but then did some web surfing. It appeaes that the octane rating does not improve mpg, but is merely aimed at timing and...
1
1

keys - waterproof ?
Our son has kidnapped our 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee to take on his whitewater kayaking trips... In his web surfing, he found something that implied that the keys with the RFID chips inside the molded...
2
2

will it leak?
Since I can't afford to get my tcase rebuilt right now, if I took out the front driveshaft to stop the tcase from spinning, would all the juice leak out of the front pumpkin or the tcase? I can't...
1
1