2nd request - 2002 Optima ECU

Where's the OBD-II connector? I want to check my daughter's car for stored/pending codes before she goes in for emission testing.

TIA, Rick

Reply to
rick

I don't know the specifics concerning the Optima, but typically the connector is located under the dash on the driver's side directly below (or a little to the left) of the steering column.

On occasion, the connector is located under the hood near the electrical distribution/fuse and relay box. I've only seen this once and it wasn't on a Kia.

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

Thanks,

That's what I figured, but I haven't had access to the car yet, and I didn't want to spend an entire evening looking for the darned thing.

Reply to
rick

Greetings,

For what it's worth, the location of the OBD-II connector is supposed to standardized in the industry. If you go to Actron's website (maker of code readers) they have a small blurb saying the same thing I told you as to where it should be. They also have a code look-up site

just in case you run across a diagnostic code that you don't have the definition for. Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan