How to fit a radio in the Carnival/Sedona

Have just brought a new Carnival that has no radio fitted, can anyone tell me how to remove the black panel that covers the radio space.

Many thanks.

Reply to
Pete

You must remove the cover of the center console . One screw for this is under the ashtray. Then you van remove the cover . The black panel is fastened with two screws. You find some pictures on my website .

looking hier for KIA

Excuse my bad English.

Many greetings from Germany

Jörg

"Pete" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com...

how to remove the black panel that covers the radio space.

Reply to
Jörg

Danke Jorg

I brought my Carnival in Cologne last Friday.

Reply to
Pete

That's a cool hood scoop on your Carnival. Is that a turbo model?

Reply to
See Your Lights

Oops, I answered my own question:

"Denn neben dem starken 2.9 Liter Common-Rail-Turbo-Diesel mit 106 kW (144 PS) setzt die ohnehin schon üppig ausgestattete EX-Version mit Klimaautomatik..."

I think that says, "then next to the strong 2.9 L CRTD with 144 HP sits the obviously beautiful upscale EX version with air...."

(You have to forgive my German to English translation. I was never very good at it.)

By the way, why only 144 HP, for a 2.9L turbo engine? Is this something about the Diesel? My 3.0L Maxima gas naturally aspirated engine lists as

195 HP. Even a 4 cylinder gas engine generally will get about 160 HP these days.

Maybe someone can explain what a CRT Diesel is. I looked and found many examples of car companies using this, but no definition of what it is.

Reply to
See Your Lights

Yes, the 2,9L CRDI Turbo Diesel with 145 PS and I love it ;-)

Gretings Jörg

"See Your Lights" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

Reply to
Jörg

"See Your Lights" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

Then you can write in German to me ;-) I can read it.

I think, Kia think for the price of the Insurance or will be shure for a long life for the motor. There it will be no problem für making more than 144 PS. By Chiptuning like example

you van have 177 PS. But Ithink. 144 PS its enough. Greetings Jörg

Reply to
Jörg

news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

Ja, aber mein Deutsch ist nicht so gut heutzutag. Ich kann besser Deutch lesen als schreiben.

long life for the motor. There it will be no problem für

you van have 177 PS. But I> think. 144 PS its enough.>

Really? And I think that I'd love to have more than the 190 PS that my Sedona has. :)

Reply to
See Your Lights

"See Your Lights" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

Well, but I think the German Petrol Car has only 150PS and need more petrol than my diesel. 14 Liter/100km Petrol by the petrol car. My car need 9,5 Liter/100km. And the price for petrol is higher than for diesel. And the price for diesel is expensive enough. Of course 190 PS is better.

Jörg

Reply to
Jörg

Buy your new stereo at