101 wheels nicked

Hi all,

Yesterday we got into work to discover some not-so-little toerags had removed from the axles & stolen the whole set of wheels off our 101FC GS (and they even nicked the spare) and lifted them over an 8 foot barbed wire topped fence!!!

We think they were after the Greenway Macho 285/80 R16 tyres rather than the rims as they left two wheels with bargrips that were not attached to axles. Steve is more than a little pissed off as you can imagine.

One of the problems is that spare rims are becoming like rocking horse droppings, second is that those tyres are no longer available so we'll have to go back to 9.00R16 barslicks or spend out on Michelins, assuming we can get rims :-(

So please keep your eyes open peeps, and yes we have spotted the folling ebay auction already and they aren't ours.

Lizzy

Reply to
Lizzy Taylor

Bastards. Best of luck in getting them back.

Reply to
EMB

Hi...

Where in the country were they pinched from? I'll pass the word round.

Dave B. (North Bucks)

Reply to
Dave Baxter

North Manchester. Ta mate.

Lizzy

Reply to
Lizzy Taylor

After a short delay due to work commitments, I've just cross posted your plight to our club (Bux & Oxon 4x4 Response Group) mailing list. We have members who travel all over the UK (and sometimes beyond.) The more eyes and ears etc.

There is a LR Autojumble this weekend (Sunday the 9th) at Sibertoft, (near M6, M1, A14 junction, South Leicestershire) You never know, but like you, it sounds like someone wanted them to use.

Regards.

Dave B.

Reply to
Dave Baxter

Will keep them peeled...

I think Craddocks sell new rims though don't know how much they are.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D