110 Clutch problems

I have intermittent problems with the clutch on my 1983 110 V8 (4 speed box). Basically it doesn't always fully disengage - you can feel a slight jolt as you pull it out of gear and sometimes it just won't go into gear - either it just won't go or sometimes its accompanied by horrible grinding noises! The problems first started over a year ago and then disappeared, but have now reappeared. Any suggestions?

Regards

Neil

Reply to
Neil Cummins

I've heard that old clutch cylinders can suffer from the damp weather at this time of year.

Our SIII gave up changing gear last month, the inlet valve was letting stuff out and fluid was rising and falling in the resevoir. New master and slave cylinders solved the problem, very cheap from Paddocks.

David

Reply to
DavidM

I had something similar in my Disco, noticeable after I'd been offroading. I *think* it was caused by the clutch gulping in a bubble or two of air from the reservoir due to the whole lot being shaken around a bit. I then slightly overfilled the reservoir, on purpose, and didn't notice any problems again.

David

Reply to
David French