110 defender 2.5TD to 200TDi Engine Swap

All,

I am planning this taskette over next weekend.

It should be a fairly straightforward task as I have a Defender 200TDi engine to swap in, however does anybody know if the 2.5TD exhaust system will mate up to the 200TDi exhaust manifold or do I need to get a 200TDi exhaust system?

If the latter, how much of the system do I need? (Assuming the exhaust I have fitted on the car is OK)

There will of course then be a 2.5TD engine (150k) coming up for sale. I will probably split it for sale (head, block, injector pump, ancilliaries etc.) unless I get a good offer for the whole engine!

I should say that the engine is currently running, as I tow a caravan, I'm looking for a bit more power.

I will also have an Allisport Intercooler (for the 110 2.5TDi) for sale. 18 months old, one careful owner!

Cheers

Peter

Reply to
puffernutter

Hi Peter,

Its a straight swap. Manifold / exhaust lines up. Even the wiring loom plugs are the same. Only thing I would recommend is to leave the TD radiator in place and use an allisport full width intercooler. If you dont want to do that, the radiator and intercooler assembly from the Tdi defender is also a straight swap. I did this swap a few years ago and the engine swap took about 4-5 hours and that included making some brackets up for the new intercooler. I put an aftermarket airfilter on though so if you can rob the Tdi one as well you'll be a laughing. I found that taking the time to remove the front panel was well worth it. Hope this helps

Dave

Reply to
Dave R