300TDi Radiator top hose

Hi,

Can someone tell me the part number for the radiator top hose from the engine. Mine is weeping slightly and to be safer I'm going to replace it. And I'm sure Richard will tell me that I can get it from him.

The vehicle is a 1998 defender 110 TDi 300.

Cheers David

Reply to
Dave

You can have either

ESR2298 Top Hose - Radiator - 300Tdi - Defender 2.82 inc VAT

or for the Genuine atricle

ESR2298G Top Hose - Radiator - 300Tdi - Defender 8.34 inc VAT

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

On or around Mon, 23 May 2005 12:42:55 +0000 (UTC), beamendsltd enlightened us thusly:

while yer here... don't suppose you have non-squeaky serpentine belts?

the 300 TDi here didn't squeak. Then the tensioner bearing got noisy so it was replaced (new tensioner) and then the water pump bearing collapsed so that was replaced. At the same time a non-genuine belt was fitted, as the old one had been damaged when the water pump failure threw it off.

it now squeaks, despite application of sundry different lubricants.

Graphite powder the most successful yet, it now only squeaks a bit.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

There's supposed to be a new version of the belt coming on stream, with a new number (PQSxxxxxx), but then that might have been a wind-up!

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Austin Shackles came up with the following;:

That's what I used to use ... now I replace the belt every year with a 'genuine article' before the bugger starts squeaking again .. ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

In message , beamendsltd writes

I find that PQS000030 and PQS000040 Work just fine.

Reply to
Marc Draper