300Tdi Turbo boost pressure.

Having just upped the fuel pump I am about to clean the intercooler out (Idount its ever been done) but I also want to check/ set the boost pressure to the best value.

Whats the max/ safest boost pressure for a 1993/4 300Tdi 110CSW, about 86k miles on the clock?

Thanks

Steve

Reply to
Steve Nunn

0.8 - 1.0 Bar
Reply to
Niamh Holding

Thanks for all the advice, the problem turned out to be caused for 2 reasons:

  1. The fuel pump was on the low side, but it turned out to be only about 1/5 turn out.
  2. Whilst getting desparate, decided to clean out the intercooler, and found that there was a 2" slit in the hose from the turbo to the intercooler, it must of only been running on 1psi boost at the most.

The thing is now as fast as the Disco was, what a difference.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Nunn