American Hotrod.

According to one of the spanner monkeys one of the problems with an aluminium body is " once the moter gets hot all the Car ( body) gets hot". Now thats an interesting thought a hot Landrover!!!!

- Rory Manton

- Oh gods , why me?

Reply to
Rory Manton

in article BCF396A8.1D941% snipped-for-privacy@griffon65.freeserve.co.uk, Rory Manton at snipped-for-privacy@griffon65.freeserve.co.uk wrote on 14/6/04 5:53 pm:

They can't have been in our Range Rover in the middle of winter then.

Reply to
Nikki Cluley

Has nothing to do with whether the body is aluminium or not - certainly aluminium is a better heat conductor than steel, but both are so good that the difference is immaterial. And the bulkhead on Landrovers is steel anyway. If you don't think Landrovers get hot you have obviously never crossed the Simpson in Summer in a Landrover. (or for that matter anywhere in a reasonable climate in summer) JD

Reply to
JD

in article snipped-for-privacy@dnews.tpgi.com.au, JD at snipped-for-privacy@SPAMLESS.com.au wrote on

14/6/04 21:03:

REASONABLE CLIMATE,come on, I live in the UK the only way you can tell summer from winter is by the tempiture of the rain!!!

lol.

- Rory Manton

- Oh gods , why me?

Reply to
Rory Manton

Which bit of the UK do you live in? It's a sweltering 84 here in Worcs - quite hot enough to get my bonnet sizzling. Wish we could have some rain for the garden, haven't had any worth the name for weeks!

Julian.

Reply to
Exit

Who said anywhere in the UK has a reasonable climate? JD

Reply to
JD

What's rain?

Ron Emu Plains, Australia