5 year corrosion warranty

What does my 5 year corrosion warranty cover on my Defender TD5? Some of the screws in the bodywork have suddenly started to rust and also some of the bodywork just under the side windows have tiny spots of rust I know from my discovery that little spots can be infectious.

Regards John

2002 Defender TD5 CSW
Reply to
JJ

You're right, they are infectious :-(

The normal way car manufacturers weasel out of this one is by writing the word "perforated", they want to see a hole rather than just rusty spots. Sounds like you are talking about the cappings at the back, can't see them getting holes within 5 years, thought that LR had learnt their lesson and galved them again, certainly seemed to for a while after the initial disaster late 80s non galved examples. I'd expect them to paint yours for you though, I think you may be covered under the paint warranty. Dunno about the screws, the 110s on show at my local dealer are like that, and they're new!

Regards

William MacLeod

Reply to
willie

Well just wait till it is thirty years old then and see what happens to the bulkhead :)

Reply to
Larry

If it's anything like "insurance" or "no-quibble guarantee" then it probably only covers all the plastic bits.

Steve

Reply to
Steve