Disco TD5 'Lomond Edition'

I have been offered a 52 plate Disco TD5 'Lomond' special edition, but I can't find any info anywhere on the car so wondered if anyone knew anything about them? I am told it was a Scottish market special edition with Epsom Green Paint, Cream Leather, DVD system etc but I am interested to know what trim level it is based on e.g. S, XS, ES etc.

Any help appreciated.

Reply to
Andrew Cooke

...and Andrew Cooke spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

If it's got leather etc, it's probably based on the ES, but like Nige I haven't heard of it. There were special editions called the Aviemore and Argyll, but they were the Series 1 Tdi. So the Scottish theme is there.

Hang on, found one...

Looks like it's based on the S version. At the time, ISTR that was the poverty spec, although with a special edition it doesn't matter - it has whatever it has. I've also found a 2002 Freebie that's also a Lomond:
So they are out there.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Thanks for the help, you just persuaded me not to touch it. If it's based on an 'S' then it has no air con, no sunroof and no ACE suspension!!

Cheers

Andy

Reply to
Andrew Cooke

...and Andrew Cooke spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

Well, what I said was, it has what it has. If it's a special edition, the important thing is what they have added to the base spec - they may well have taken an S and added aircon, ACE and the rest you are looking for. The S bit was only from the ad I referenced - could very easily be wrong. Like I said, if it's got leather etc it's likely to be based on the ES, IMO. You'll have to get in touch and ask them.

Reply to
Richard Brookman