88 Sits low on rear

Any idea what causes an 88 series 3 so sit low on the back end. I see many that do this but also many that sit level.. what causes them to sit low on the back end.. Something to do with rear leaf springs? Any help would be much appreciated.

Jason Hall

Reply to
Jason Hall

Knackered rear springs or worn out shackles/bushes.

Reply to
Exit

In news:MPGBc.1365$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe2-gui.server.ntli.net, Jason Hall expelled:

Yep, rear springs are worn out. Time for new ones - have a look at parabolic springs, they are pricier but ride really well.

Reply to
EMB

It can be a sign of a bad chassis too.

Reply to
David G. Bell

EEEk the pessimistic answer.. hehe Ordered some parabolic springs anyway so we will see how they go.

Photos with link below. and yes they are not the parabolics on the photos.

8)

thanx for the advice ..

Reply to
Jason Hall