90 full length canvas

I've got a full length canvas, complete set of hood sticks, military roll bar and tailgate gate that I need to sell. Anyone know what sort of price I should be asking for? Thanks Richard

Reply to
Richard

I bought a simular set with tailgate, cab frame and top windscreen lockdown but no roll bar 'feet' for about 350quid 10ish years ago. The hood was a tad manky.

The set can be (or could be) purchased from LR as multiple items but never as a complete kit so it might be worth more than the sum of its parts.

Have you got the cab frame and windscreen lock mech?

Tim

Reply to
Tim Guy

Hi, Yes, its complete as I had it on my 90 last summer.

Richard

Reply to
Richard

I got mine for either £75 or £175, can't remember which, but I think that was an absolute bargain. One of the rear hoops was bent, and it was a 110 set, not a 90, and the canvas was manky but is still OK several years later. A friend bought a 110 canvas (no metalwork, just canvas) from Sodburys in good nick for £20 (which he is now selling to me). I bought a decent tailgate and hinges for £15 (still has the sticker on it 1 year later) from sodburys some time ago.

By a strange coincidence, a friend of mine has just emailed me (literally 10 mins ago) telling me he wants to buy one, if you are oop north (he's near Manchester) then you may have a buyer already if it's not too pricey. He has a 110 but the main parts are the roll-over bar and fittings, windscreen clamp bar, door tops, and as many rear hoops as possible. The rest was readily available from independents for cheap prices when I had to buy them.

If you're darn sarth (somewhere between Dorset and Reading area) then I might be able to buy it from you on his behalf after inspecting it.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Id like one for my 90 - for the summer!

Is it a big job to remove the roof on a 90? Its a hardtop at the moment, but id always liked the shound of a ragtop for the summer!

Also the doors are one piece on a 90 arnt they? Could i wang some series' 2 peice on it?

Mark

9090
Reply to
Mark Solesbury

windscreen area. They fit

It's easy to remove the hard top from a defender, just the obvious bolts and some silicone sealant across the top of the windscreen. There's the interior light cables that need to be unplugged behind the light itself, seatbelt top mounts need to come off and the seatbelt top mount then fits into holes on the roll-over bar that you put on as part of the ragtop kit. It can be done by yourself, I managed it on my own, hardest part was manhandling the roof off but no special tools or techniques required.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Hardest part is pop-riveting the tie downs onto the side of the outside of the tub and pop riveting the roll bar feet into the rear of the tub.

Ah, also, if you have a rear bulkhead you will need to hacksaw off the neat over corners of the rear tub to make them square so the roll bar fits the feet......

Reply to
Tim Guy

Maybe the roll bar I have is different? I didnt have to hacksaw anything off to make it fit. For riviting the side tie downs I used a 'lazy tong' riviter.

Richard

Reply to
Richard

Mines a 1987 90, it could be just a different tub.....

Reply to
Tim Guy

Sounds interesting depending on Price and location?

-- Jon

Reply to
jOn

I am in Kent

Richard

Reply to
Richard

Times have changed eh..... Tailgate was worth about 75-100quid on its own a few years ago.....

The RollBar feet were about 50quid for a pair from LR.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Guy

I expect it probably still is when new, my first one was very far from new, held together by spots of checker plate and weld but was given to me free, the second £15 one was much better but still dented.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Damn! West Yorkshire here, too far :(

-- Jon

Reply to
jOn

Have you decided on a price yet? I am after a soft top for my 90. What colour is the canvas?

Thanks

Neil

Reply to
Neil Haigh

Have just sent you an email (I think!!!) Richard

Reply to
Richard

Hmm, dont seem to have got it. Read DOWN.

neil

at

aggis

dot

com

Neil

Reply to
Neil Haigh

yep, thats what I sent it to. send me one replacing the NOSPAM with blueyonder

Richard

Reply to
Richard