Canvas roof for a Defender

Anyone know the best place to get a second hand canvas roof and the fittings (ie the strip on the top of the windscreen and the side-of-roof shapers that connect from top edges of the windscreen to the roll bar) for a Def 90? I want to put my military roll bar on again this summer, but don't want a mobile bath when it rains. Ebay has not had anything for a long time....

Guy

Reply to
Guy Lux

Best thing is probably to ask on here ;-)

That's what I did when I wanted a canvas top, fittings and sticks for my Defender 110, someone contacted me with the number of a chap who was selling one.

Old Sodbury had a few when I was there over the weekend, but you've missed that now.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Won't be cheap. Foleys did have some sets of the front bits off 127s but I think I had the last full set, cost me =A3140. I already had the roll hoop and rear sticks. The canvas was brand new and came off ebay for =A370. The going rate for the full set and s/h canvas is around =A3350. You can get new off All wheel trim or Exmoor trim but at twice the cost.

Trawl round the ex mil dealers on

as they remove quite a few sets to put hardtops on. Persevere, it's well worth it.

Sean

Reply to
sean101ryan

Blimey, cost me 75 quid about 2 years ago, including all sticks, triangulated roll-over hoop, windscreen and door fittings, canvas and most of the bolts and screws. I only needed to buy rope cleats, a tailgate (5 quid, bought a 10 quid replacement at Sodbury at the weekend) and a few bolts.

A friend bought a 110 canvas (no sticks) in far better condition than mine for 20 quid, he's going to butcher it to make a tonneau cover for his SWB series IIa.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings