96 Disco rear door not unlocking fully

The rear door on my 96 Disco doesn't quite unlock, I pull the handle and the door will only open a few mm onto the safety catch. having taken it apart it appears that the solenoid doesn't have enough power to move the lock mechanism enough, although it moves freely - I thought these things either worked or didn't work. Any ideas before buying a new solenoid?

Cheers Tony

Reply to
Tony

It will probably be the little circular spring that clicks the lock over centre, a couple of quid off ebay, you'll find lots about it on here if you look back on past posts.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

Been there ... done that .... a couple of cheapo springs off eBay will sort out your problem :-)

Reply to
SteveG

I tend to agree with the others sounds like the spring. You should be able to open the door from the inside and the outer lever won't retract properly. If it is not the spring get a locking motor from maplins, the holes align up and they work a treat, much better than unknown second hand unit.

Good Luck Martyn

Reply to
Martyn Dean