ABS faults

The ABS light on the dash is lighting constantly in my 98 Disco (300TDI). I dropped it into my mechanic and he says that it is the CPU that is gone as it keeps showing different faults.

Might I get a similar fault if the fuses or relays or sensors were broken on the system? If not where is the CPU and what is involved in replacing it. Any idea on the cost of a new one or if it is possible to buy a second hand unit?

Thanks

Hugh

Reply to
Hugh Hogan

I'd have the stub axles off and inspect the bearings in the back of them first. If they've died then the CV joimt can float enough for sensors to keep going in and out of "range", which confuses things somewhat.

Richard

Reply to
BeamEnds