Advice on potential dodgyness

My new defender is having a few tiny issues with starting...

When i originally went to look at it, it had 2 optima batteries in it. One red and one yellow. This was used as a one of the many sales points

- "Its got 2 really good batteries in it sir"

I understand that these are one of the best batteries you can get, and they are supposed to last a lifetime??

Upon investigation yesterday, it now has fitted 2 standard monkey looking black batteries.

The reason for the change was supposedly because the optima ones were both knackerd, and would not charge. But for some reason, i dont believe this.

Where do i stand on walking in there and demanding that i get Optima ones put back, as it was when i agreed to purchase it.

It also had a long bendy CB Aeriel in the back, which has also dissapeared - And most of the heated front screen dont work :(

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Money back time mate.

Reply to
Nige

They should have swapped them like for like especially since you have just bought it off them with the decent batteries being one of the selling points!

go have a whinge and get em to fix it like for like or you are going to start asking for your money back.

Reply to
Tom Woods

On or around Sat, 24 Mar 2007 11:00:28 +0000, Tom Woods enlightened us thusly:

and if necessary mention trading standards. If you buy it you have a contract, even if it's "only" a verbal one, and if the goods are materially altered from what you agreed to buy, then I reckon you have a case.

Reply to
Austin Shackles