Advice Please - Overdrive Removal (Series)

I've just removed the overdrive from my S3, and I hear stories about people leaving bits behind attached to the gearbox. Can anyone confirm that I have got everything I need to refit to another vehicle.

I have removed, from the back of the mainshaft:

1 Castellated nut 1 Lockwasher 1 Ordinary washer 1 Toothed clutch and needle roller assembly, consisting of: 1 Splined, toothed clutch/inner bearing surface 2 Spring circlips 2 Thrust washers 1 Needle roller assembly

Have I got everything I need, or is there something I've overlooked?

TIA

Alex

Reply to
Alex

You've got the internal gearbox parts - but don't forget the lever, linkage, mounting bracket and the rubber boot and attachment ring - and you might consider the entire transmission tunnel seeing it already has the hole in the right place. These are the bits that are really hard to find, since the internal parts are wearing parts, and hence available, although expensive. JD

Reply to
JD

Thanks, I've got all the linkages etc, it was the mechanical bits I was wondering about. The tunnel is no use as its coming off a 2.6, which has different transmission tunnel, and the gearbox is in a different place as well.

Alex

Reply to
Alex