Any one in need of a laptop mount???

Made this myself from some bits and bobs, now the Rangie is going it's surplus. It if fastned in via one of the front seat bolts and a hole being drilled in the rear of the seat bracket on the floorpan. Most fiddley bit is getting the bolt in but I just took it out in less than 5 minutes.

It is designed such that the mount which fastens to the seat stays put, the silver (as pictured) part then is removable for when not in use.

The laptop fastens to the top securely by sticking velcro to the bottom of the laptop. It's never fell off yet under some rather extreme angles.

Only downside is it won't fit a Disco or Rangie with electronic seat adjustment (or I'd have put it in our Disco).

It should go in a Rangie classic or Disco 1 no problems provided they have manually adjusted seats. Not so sure about a 3 door disco though.

I now use a PDA for sat nav so the laptop gets little use anyway.

Tenner plus the postage... (laptop not included!!)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Sold!

You have mail provided email address above, with obvious de-munging, is valid.

David

Reply to
rads

I bet these things are marketable, probably at about 70 quid. Can you make any more? TonyB

Reply to
TonyB

I could but it's would be a time verses reward thing. I'm sure Steve may be approachable if there were enough interest to knock out a few. Funny in'it one mans clutter is another mans gold.

I had to chop and weld the pipe into angles because I don't have a bender. If I had a pipe bender it would be much simpler, or less time consuming anyway. As this was made as a one off it took a good afternoons tinkering to sort. Was very rewarding though when we took it for a test drive. We used it on a 400 mile round trip to fetch two 2.6 lumps purchased from ebay for £10.51.

Metal was off the scrap pile, speaker mounts were from the Father-in-laws stash of bit's that may come in handy one day and the knob was donated by Tom Woods.

When we got the Disco and went to France we were unable to fit it due to the electric under seat motors. Mrs D was not very impressed having a hot laptop on her knee for 340 miles at a time.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Hang on chaps.

Your telling me I've just paid a tenner for a collection of scrap yard off cuts, the father-in-laws bits and Toms knob?

;-)

David

Reply to
rads

the knob fell off an adjustable chair at work! :)

Reply to
Tom Woods

rads wrote: Your telling me I've just paid a tenner for a collection of scrap yard

Yebbut, only one careful owner. Hardly used. Errr.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

Can't you employ knobs who are capable of sitting on a chair without falling off? I blame the Job Centres...

Reply to
Mother

I like to think of it as art :-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

aye, in days gone by they used to employ all the knobs who couldn't sit upright unaided. I guess supply now exceeds demand...

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

The majority of the knobs falling off the chairs where I work won't be attending the job centre for a few years - but i imagine that their valuble skills at breaking things will stay with them and in many cases improve with their educations..

When we furnished the computer room with chairs we paid extra to _not_ have wheels on the bottom. Next time I may pay extra to get someone to remove or fix solidly any adjustable/removable bits before they go into service and end up getting chucked/kicked about (I wanted to make them sit on stools but wasnt allowed by the boss)

Reply to
Tom Woods

I'm not sure that i'm quite at ease with the direction that this thread is taking! :)

Reply to
Tom Woods