SIII value?

Hi All,

Got a 1979 series III SWB Diesel. New Diesel engine (5000 miles on it) but the chassis is a bit dodgy. A mate did some of the welding required: New front spring Hangers, New outriggers etc, but it's not yet complete.

It's in the way now, and need another couple of outriggers welding on. MOT ran out a year or so ago and it's stood since then, although it has a new battery and has been started once a month, fully warmed up and driven round the yard a couple of times to stop things from rusting up.

It's a hard top, a bit dirty otherwise OK and mechanically very good. Any ideas on value? Should I ebay it or local paper?

Cheers.

Reply to
Simon Atkinson

Simon Atkinson posted ...

I'd ebay it, starting at about £300 ..

My S3, petrol but similar age went for £ 968 though it was running and had good mot / tax and a few new bits like springs etc.

Make it a seven day auction ending on a Sunday evening .. ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Cheers for that Paul.

It runs lovely - actually sounds quite good (for a Diesel Landy). Just needs the rear outriggers replacing (I've got the bits but no tuits) and prolly a tyre or two and it should pass a MOT.

Reply to
Simon Atkinson

Simon Atkinson posted ...

Heheheh, post the url when it's up .. I _may_ be interested .. My kids really, really want an S3 again, since getting the Discovery .. ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx