Attachment points for a load barrier net

I have a Raingler load barrier net that is sold as being suitable for a Discovery I but it turns out that no one (not Raingler, not the local reseller, not any other owner I've contacted) has worked out how to attach it at roof level so it does the job it's intended for. Apart from that teensy problem it is a very nice net.

I have decided that the only thing to do is to either attach a pair of footman loops to a structural part of the roof, or better still, just weld on a pair of 7/16" UNF nuts so I can use the same eye bolts I use for the floor attachments. However before I start randomly ripping up the interior (which is still in super condition) I wonder if someone who knows what it looks like underneath the headliner can tell me the best place just aft of the back seat to look. (If someone has a photo with the headliner removed that they could send me that would be ideal!)

Note this a 1998 50th Anniversary S-reg Disco.

Roy

Reply to
Roy Hann