Austin's project 110

Did you sell it Austin, a young lad I work with is interested in a 110 while he decides what to do with his ex MOD na diesel, gearbox kaput.

AJH

Reply to
AJH

On or around Wed, 27 Aug 2008 18:06:46 +0100, AJH enlightened us thusly:

Peter "Puffernutter" has a deposit on it, pending sorting a trailer, so mostly, yes.

If for some reason he doesn't have it, it'll be up for grabs again, but I don't think that's likely.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

This may sound daft, but is a 110 steering wheel the same fitting as a rangie classic ???

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

On or around Thu, 28 Aug 2008 20:33:51 +0100, Steve Taylor enlightened us thusly:

buggered if I know. Might be.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I reckon they're all the same fitting since the latest series 2A.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

I dunno what fittings the 110 and Range Rover have, or are supposed to have, but my Series 3 didn't have the same fitting as another 'identical' [1] S3 ...

[1] Identical in the sense that they were same age, to the year of manufacture and spec.
Reply to
Paul - xxx

Steve Hi,

Defenders usually have either a 36 or a 48 splined steering wheel fitting.

The later type Discovery steering wheel could be fitted on the later type Defenders. The later type Discovery steering wheel was also compatible with the later type RaRo Classic vehicles.

So this means that a later type Defender steering wheel may actually be fitted to a later type RaRo Cl.

What years are the vehicles in question?

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

Hi Pantelis, The steering wheel on my 101 is a hack of a "rangie" column (allegedly) and a 110 wheel - but the 110 wheel is rotting in classic landy fashion....

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

110 Wheels changed 1990 from the 4 spoke type to the newer one...er.... that wasn't 4 spoke.. or at least not the same 4 spoke style... but may have been 4 spokes, but I'm not sure... but I did read they aren't interchangeable from 1990 to the newer one... unless you swap the column too in which case it may/could/would be possible depending on how much time/money/how hard you hit it.

I hope this helps.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

The splines change (imperial nut) to HA906579 and from (metric nut) from JA906580 - that makes the change (in theory, anyway) August 1992 when the the big comfy steering wheels appeared.

and no, the refernces to JA906579 aren't my mistake, it's Microcat again - just ignore the JA/HA bit and use the rest of the number!

Cheers Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Yes, I now know to suck it and see...