How to improve a 110 NA diesel

Hi Everyone ,

I would like to know what sorts of improvements or modifications can be carried on a 110 NA diesel in order to permit a cruising speed of 100 to 110 kmph . Where i live the regulation as established 100 kmph as maximum on highways . Is it feasable ? Can I play with the ratios of both the gearbox and differentials ? I could go for another engine but wish to retain the idi engine for possible use of svo or a mix of diesel and svo .

inputs would be greatly apreciated .

tristan

Reply to
H.M.C

maximum on

You can play all you like but without more power you will never cruise at 100kph. This engine is not built for more power.

I could go for another engine but wish to retain the idi

I may be a bit slow tonight but can you tell us what svo is? It must be some kind of vaporising oil like paraffin I suppose? Maybe kerosene aircraft fuel? Out of curiosity, would such dilution be legal where you are?

Huw

Reply to
Huw