AutoGlass Shite Windscreens

Acquired a hefty chip on the edge of the Defender windscreen - too close to the edge to repair, so had to be replaced. Went through the insurers naturally and ended up with Autoglass (inevitably) No complaints with the fitting but the windscreen which is heated is much poorer quality than the original. The matrix on this one is clearly visible as a mesh. In the original it couldn't normally be seen and in sunlight only showed up as small dots. Why is it in this country everyone assumes you want cheap s**te rather than quality. What should have been a straightforward job now becomes hassle. Back to the insures tomorrow.

Reply to
hugh

Thos fuckwits dropped a whole screen on the bonnet of my P38, they denied it, but i had already made sure they did the job 'under cover' that just happened to have CCTV coverage they didnt see.

Wankers not to be used or trusted.

Reply to
Nige

Thos fuckwits dropped a whole screen on the bonnet of my P38, they denied it, but i had already made sure they did the job 'under cover' that just happened to have CCTV coverage they didnt see.

Wankers not to be used or trusted. ................... I wasn't impressed with their constant broken arrangements to fix a new screen in my 90, took a week for them to actually arrive. The excuses were just stupid which means they must think I am, which annoys me even more.

Reply to
Bob Hobden

When they did the windscreen on the Disco they didn't remove the previous glue properly, consequently the screen didn't fit right, which they bodged so I couldn't see, so when the first real soaking came, the insides got covered. Water came in from the top of the screen, not runs or drips but a wave, covering the TomTom, radio, me etc etc ...

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Sorted eventually after a bit of hassle and a drive down to Autoglass Stoke. It was obvious as soon as I looked out of the window this morning - tossers had fitted a clear screen in a Defender XS. FFS what do they think this is - some sort of cut price Jap crap?

New screen to be fitted Friday.

Reply to
hugh

Evidently you havn't driven a Series - this is a standard feature to cool the driver.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Heh, my old S3 had proper air conditioning ... the door tops flapped so much I could wave out the window without opening the door or window!

When the speedo didn't work I only needed to look through the floor to tell we were moving ..

;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

On or around Tue, 8 Mar 2011 19:30:37 +0000, hugh enlightened us thusly:

at least they didn't go bust, like the ones my insurers were using (Auto Windscreens), the replacement is National Winscreens, who don't sound much better, and don't work Saturdays, so that means the cracked screen remains for another month, til it's school holidays. Heyho.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

That's one thing I miss on my Xs - the flaps. On the other hand the heater does heat.

Reply to
hugh

In message , Austin Shackles writes

I did have a repair done by them once on a Vectra windscreen - vastly superior job to autoglass. The repair was invisible

Reply to
hugh