Windscreen Stone Chip Repair

Roughly how much does it normally cost to get windscreen resin repaired ( Northwest England)

Also, how bad does the chip have to be before you need a new windscreen.

My stone chip is about 2mm dia with three cracks about 3mm long. the blemish can be felt on the inside of the windscreen.

Reply to
Zozzer

If you've got fully comp insurance, check your company doesn't have a deal with one of the big Windscreen companies to do free repairs. The insurance companies prefer a repair as it is cheaper than replacement.

--

73 Brian
Brian Reay

There's a chip repair bloke in the supermarket carpark near work from time to time with posters up saying he'll repair chips for free. Not sure if there's a catch or not. I suspect there is.....

Reply to
bodge boy

The word 'Free' and 'Vehicle maintenance' just dont seem to ring true. What is equally unbelieveable is the response I got from my insurer's official repair company......

RAC Auto Windscreens..... Yes we can do it next Wednesday if you will bring the car to the depot in Warrington or next Friday if you want us to visit you.

Reply to
Zozzer

When I had mine done, they said as long as the laminate isn't damaged, you'll be OK.

If you can feel it on the *inside*, that's quite a ding.

You've got nothing to lose by finding out though. Your insurer will have an approved franchise (if you're covered).

Pete.

Reply to
Pete Smith

I can guarantee the small print will say 'as long as your insurance covers it'.

Reply to
PC Paul

Yeah, he probably tests it for safety with an automatic centre punch first. When (I mean if) your windscreen shatters, he says it wasn't safe and oh, the new windscreen is not free. ;-)

Zimmy