automatic trans question

I have noticed when I start my disco when it hot outside and drive, I get slipping and reving for a minuite actually 40- 50 feet then its OK. Is this normal for disco ones? It has done this sinced I owned it and I changed the fluid myself 2 years ago 4 quarts anyway. Is the fluid level 2 high ? Peter

Reply to
Peter

No.

Unlikely, more like the main forward clutch ("A" Clutch) is about to fail.

Badger.

Reply to
Badger

On or around Sat, 26 May 2007 13:18:44 +0100, "Badger" enlightened us thusly:

IME, that takes about 5 miles from "slipping a bit" to "no forward motion". might've been a bit more than that, but once it got to slipping noticeably, it failed completely in quite a short time.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

more liK e its warming up or building pressure so far no problems with it. Only seems to do it in high ambient temperatures and not that often. Thanks

Peter