Best Rated threads in Land Rover 4WD vehiclesshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Resistance temperature sender 300tdi
Could someone tell what the correct resistance acros the temperature sender of a 300 tdi (discovery) is supposed to be? Mine is 1 M ohm when cold and 300 K ohm when warm. The temperature gauge doesn't...
2
2

200TDI compression
There are plenty of instances of advice to check compression, but it seems impossible to get a figure as to what answer one would expect, we're seeing 16 bar across all 4 cylinders with a Sealey...
23
23

Defender Rear Step fitting
Hi all, Just decided to treat my self to a new original LandRover rear step for my 200 TDI. The step came with a mounting kit, two bolts 2 washers and what look like some kind of captive nut. On...
24
24

freelander TD4 slowing down
My 05 TD4 seems to slow down then run normally sometimes won't pull away and I have to drop clutch and bring back up to the bite and it moves as normal. No code showing initially then major power loss...
3
3

horn fuse blowing
Hi I have a 96 300tdi defender that i'm trying to get through an mot :-( When i attempt to sound the horn the 20A fuse blows. If I disconnect the horn, activating the horn button still blows the fuse....
5
5

help! P38 window won't close
The passenger front window has decided its going to stop working. It's stuck open, with the message "WINDOW NOT SET" appearing on the display. When pressing the button I can hear a click but nothing...
5
5

Turbo hose - Discovery TD5
Hi, Having just returned from a holiday in Cornwall, I found the small hose connecting the turbo to the metal pipe into the inter-cooler had fractured (causing some loss of power, black smoke and...
7
7

R380 gearbox oil...?
My mate is just replacing his R380 box in a 300Tdi disco ('94). He's trying to figure out what oil to put in, but gets different replies from different people. He's pretty sure the last box let go...
6
6

Does a 1986 2.5 NA Sherpa diesel engine fit a 84 petrol Landy??
Does a 1986 2.5 NA Sherpa diesel engine fit a 84 petrol Landy?? I bought one on Ebay 2day but was only told it was a sherpa engine after I won it, can anyone confirm it fits before I pay for it???...
14
14

Freelander: can the doors be locked without activating the alarm?
Whenever I leave my (X reg 2000) Freelander for more than 2 weeks (on holiday etc.,) I always come back to a flat battery, being automatic, this means my calling the recovery service to start me. The...
5
5

ROT: Noralsy Door Entry Keypad
Has anyone got a manual for a Noralsy Door Entry Keypad? B'gred if I know what I did with it (been installed for a few years now). I've got a new biometric and proxycard system going in and will be...
4
4

Defender TD5 handbrake adjustment.
OK guys - can anyone clue me in on where I adjust the handbrake on a TD5 Defender? Feeling round the drum backplate I was kinda expecting to find a nice little square adjuster-head to tweak, but from...
5
5

Help! Ignition Timing 2.25 Petrol
Recently been having running trouble with a IIa 2.25. Checking the ignition timing, i have conflicting data from workshop manuals: II Manual Says: 7.0:1 engine 75 RON 3deg Before 80-85 RON 6deg Before...
3
3

LT77 input shaft swap
Is it possible to swap the long input shaft and bell housing from a LT77 Disco I gearbox with a short input shaft and bell housing from a LT77 used in a. 90". The goal is to make the 200TDI engine...
2
2

Squeaky Mantec spare carrier
Any body who owns a Mantec swing away spare carrier? Mine squeaks so badly when opening and closing... I think the sound comes from that ill designed plastic cylinder rubbing against badly rusted...
11
11

3.9 overheating
I've just become the owner of a tidy RR Vogue SE 3.9; purchased it yesterday, all the electrics work, brand new tailgate, clean interior and exterior etc etc. It's done 114,000 mles, and upto 81,000...
43
43

Freelander TD4 power problem - car slows down in 5th gear!!!
My manual TD4 has suddenly (well, that's how it seems) become very sluggish. It now takes an eternity to accelerate through gears 1 to 4, and not until around 2500 revs does there seem to be any power...
3
3

Active cornering enhancement (ACE)
HI, I've got a 2000 Land Rovery Discovery TD5, this morning the red ACE warning light came on just as I got to work I had the red ACE. I stopped and turned the engine off and then restarted and drove...
9
9

Gkn Overdrive For Sale.
Hello I've just removed the GKN O/Drive from my Defender 110 CSW, its covered approx.12k since being fitted and has had all recommended oil changes. Transforms the drive on motorways and A-roads, etc....

LT95 gearbox info
Hi I have a 1985 110 V8 with a LT95 gearbox. According to my parts book the box number should be prefixed 13C. The Range Rovers used a 12C version of the LT95 around the same time, but my box is a...
5
5