Best Rated threads in Land Rover 4WD vehiclesshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Thunder Races
Was watching Thunder races today (the 360 degree one), and Rachel Simmonite was showing the lads round the course. Near the end she said "youll have to do a handbrake turn here" and it then cut to her...
10
10

Defender 90 brakes...
I recently had my 90 serviced and the pads where replaced with non standard land rover pads. Since then I have had several experiences of brake fade, which has been pretty scary, and the engine has...
6
6

P38 Flashing Air-Con light
Any body ever come accross this problem? I've got a P38 and the air con seems to stop working after a couple of hours or so. The air comes out of the vents warms and damp like the air-con's been...
2
2

Series III steering
How much steering play/wandering is typical of a Series III? I've replaced all worn spring and chassis bushes on the back (fronts look fine), replaced 4 steering balljoints, longitudinal rod joints...
12
12

Paddock + quality
How do you of Paddock-spares- and quality? Last year I bought lots of parts for my restoration SIII. In November I could drive it on the road for the first time. And now: the last part of the exhaust...
10
10

American Hotrod.
According to one of the spanner monkeys one of the problems with an aluminium body is " once the moter gets hot all the Car ( body) gets hot". Now thats an interesting thought a hot Landrover!!!! -...
6
6

Erratic tickover RR 3.9EFI
Ok - I'm baffled now. Range Rover 3.9 Hotwire EFI 1992. Ticks over lovely at about 575rpm. Nice and smooth. Now, switching on the air con should cause the tickover to speed up slightly (to take the...
18
18

For Sale (ebay), windscreen, diesel engine, gearbox and more
Hi, various bits for sale, links below. Location : Woking, Surrey, UK Windscreen: diesel engines: ?ViewItem&category=31348&item=2480003664Two gearboxes: ?ViewItem&category=31348&item=2479787078Canvas...

Freelander heated seat info?
I have a '99 Freelander XEi (UK) and have noticed yellow wiring going under both front seats. There is also a kind of wiring matrix under the seats. Does this mean the car has heated seats, or is the...
2
2

Steamy heater problem (Def 300tdi)
Driving back to Luxembourg yesterday, there was the smell of engine coolant in the cab, but as the engine temperature remained constant I didn't stop. About half an hour later, I suddenly noticed the...
8
8

front chassis repair on a series
hiya guys noticed the other day whilst changeing the front brake shoes that the chassis had cracked up the side of the bump stop reinforcing plate thingy, the thing that is like a v shape welded onto...
4
4

2.5 diesel transit engine
I've seen a land rover with a 2.5 diesel transit engine fitted. Anyone know about these engines? how does it perform in a Land Rover? MPG? cost of parts? etc... -- Regards. Mark.(AKA,...
15
15

Bowler Tomcat for sale
As the title says, its a 100" Bowler Tomcat, built by Drew and powered by a 300 Tdi diesel engine but no ordinary one, it has been breathed upon and is very quick, far too many extras to mention, when...
1
1

200tdi lift pump problem
Having just rebuilt my 90 onto a galvanised chassis and bulkhead I am unable to get the 200tdi diesel lift pump to prime. I have taken the pump off the engine and it appears to do sod all when pumped,...
2
2

Freelander Engine
This is probably an issued covered many times already but the issue is just starting for me. I am interested to here from anyone who has had an engine failure in a 1.8 petrol Freelander. The engine in...

Discovery keeps cutting out - V8
Hi all, I wonder if anyone can shed some light on a problem that I've been having this afternoon. Every time that I come to a halt at a roundabout, junction, traffic light, etc., the engine dies. It...
25
25

Speedo KPH to MPH
The 101 has a metric speedo. Is there a direct replacement imperial one? If not, what's the best way to get it converted? Cheers Tim Hobbs '58 Series 2 '77 101FC Ambulance '95 Discovery V8i
8
8

Replacing 7.50 by starting with 15 inch rims.
My little Sis is now at the stage where she's looking to get some more tyres for her 109 SW. It's got the standard LWB 7.50's on R16's at the mo. If she goes to 15 inch rims what tyre should she be...
17
17

Different tyres front and back on Disco?
Hi there. I finally have managed to get myself a Landrover ('94 Disco) after several years of trying to get one. When I bought it, I have to admit that I know next to nothing about cars (though give...
7
7

Condensation on inside of windscreen
On my 98 RR 4.6HSE with heated front windscreen I've been getting alot of condensation on the inside of the front screen. Typically happens when I use the car first thing early morning then leave it...
9
9