billing 2006

If anyone is familiar with the show and the trade stands - perhaps they know who is best to visit for shocks for a 93 range rover and some top quality plug leads for the v8 Thanks

Reply to
technical123

no idea if they'll be at billing, but the usual answer for plug leads is:

William Tasso

Overpriced and unnecessary for most, if not all, applications in my opinion. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the genuine parts plug leads, but steer clear of some of the cheaper lead sets on the market, some of them are just plain awful. The main issue with the leads is embrittlement of the plug ends (due to localised heating from the manifolds) causing a partial breakdown of the insulation resistance, this will effect even magnecors under extreme conditions. The magnecors may well outlive the std leads by a factor of 2:1, but they are over twice the price so the figures just don't add up, in my opinion. Badger.

Reply to
Badger

I killed a set of Magnecors.....

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

with a mongoose?

Reply to
William Tasso

WT> with a mongoose?

Nah...with a lesser spotted Tixover :-)

Engine would only run with the bonnet open.....took many electric shocks before we worked out why :-) Most amusing

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

On or around Tue, 27 Jun 2006 09:34:23 +0100, "Badger" enlightened us thusly:

The OE ones may be OK, I've not actually tried 'em. Magnecors are way ahead on quality of components IME - I've tried champion and bosch and they're both crap by comparison. The OE ones are probably lucas lumenition aren't they? mostly good kit.

Nice touch on the magnecors was a set of indelible labels with numbers on 'em. OK, not essential, but it shows attnetion to detail. I also found they were better for length than other makers' sets.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I'm assuming you get summat different under the Bosch label than we do. The leads Bosch supply here seem to be a very good product.

Reply to
EMB

On or around Wed, 28 Jun 2006 07:58:41 +1200, EMB enlightened us thusly:

The one set I got for the V8 were s**te. mind you, they were cheap, too.

Reply to
Austin Shackles