Blatant plug, again!!

Well the chassis totally failed to sell for £50, so I have relisted it for

99p! I was pretty sure that it would have been worth at least £50 to someone, does no one build hybrids anymore?

Anyway, its here...........

Will someone please take it off my hands this time! Once I manage to get shut of this, I should have a bit more room in the garage for the 90, which was the recipient of the rangie running gear!

Reply to
SimonJ

On or around Mon, 8 May 2006 22:59:44 +0100, "SimonJ" enlightened us thusly:

It's a pity it's not a 110. Mind you, I could always lengthen it, I suppose...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Or why not shorten your 110, and make a 100" landrover, you know it makes sense!!

Reply to
SimonJ

Might be as well to weigh it in, I'd expect you'd get a tenner for it at your local scrapyard if you get no bids.

If it were in a condition that it doesn't need any work then that would make it a lot more attractive.

Not as many RR based builds as their used to be, and your chassis doesn't come rolling which is a major negative to any prospective builder. By the time they get axles etc under it it's cheaper getting a rotten bodied RR and getting all the rest of the running gear as well. RR chassis only really sell to those wanting to rebody RRs and those people you can count on the fingers of one hand, and they want perfect chassis to galv if they're going to that effort.

Regards

William MacLeod

Reply to
willie

On or around Tue, 9 May 2006 18:53:57 +0100, "SimonJ" enlightened us thusly:

Ah, you're working under a misconception here. I want a 110 chassis to put under a transit body. Rolling chassis with a decent engine would be favourite, too.

while it'd obviously be possible to extend the RR chassis, I doubt that would improve the chances of getting it insured.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I have a transit shell lying around too, could throw it in!! ;)

Reply to
SimonJ

On or around Tue, 9 May 2006 22:59:35 +0100, "SimonJ" enlightened us thusly:

hehe. I've got the transit, now. Got to get onto the insurers and see if they're likely to agree to insure it if I build it and get it inspected. If the answer is yes, then I'll hunt up an engineer chappie I know who I assume can do such inspections and see what he advises.

Reply to
Austin Shackles