Bloody Defender would not start thismorning...

Bastard!

Its got 2 brand new batteries in it. It stood for 2 days as its my second car.

Went to start this morning, and it just clicked.

Its got a batteryommiter on the dash, and the all of the led's went out while it was trying to start.

Cock.

Its going straight back!

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

perhaps your fancy electronic thingy on the dash isnt going off properly?

Reply to
Tom Woods

On or around Thu, 22 Mar 2007 10:08:03 +0000, Mark Solesbury enlightened us thusly:

sounds like a leak somewhere - I'm assuming you'd have noticed it not charging.

If it came from a dealer and is otherwise suitable, I'd be getting them to fix it, same as it sounds as though you are.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I would not mind betting its the alternator whereby the diode pack has "packed up" and is allowing the battery current to go the reverse way turning the coils in the alternator into a giant electro-magnet - that drains the battery in about 5 to 8 hours.

Reply to
David J. Button