Can't lock Diff on my Disco

Hi Guys

I have just bought a L reg Disco, 300, TDi, but it looks like the Diff has not been locked in a long time and I can't get it to lock. the stick just won't go over to the left at all. Hi and Low boxes work ok.

Any ideas on how to make it work without having to take it to a dealer.

Any Technical advice appreciated

Cheers

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

It may just be down to lack of use and you'll need to get at the linkage to free it off. If it can't be done externally then it may mean taking out the centre console and getting at the top of the transfer box and removing the housing the linkage goes into. You should then be able to remove 6 or

8 bolts and get at the selector to check it is free.

While you are in there, there is a grub screw that holds the selector arm onto the shaft. Undo it and loctite it. They have a habit of coming adrift and then you lose everything and have a wobbly lever.

Ed

To reply, remove my appendix

Reply to
Ed

Thanks, got it sorted with a bit of lubrication and friendly persuasion

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew