TDI Diff Lock Light

This morning my diff lock warning light comes on every time I apply the footbrake on my Y reg TD5 - the book says dealer sometimes has to lock the diff during services and this is to warn he hasn't unlocked it - but last service was a long time back and it's only just started happening.

Any suggestions before I'm screwed by a main dealer?

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Buy the workshop manual - tremendous bed time reading. And I'll bet it's much cheaper than a main stealer screwing!

Julian

Reply to
Julian

started

Turned out to be a faulty brake light switch - how the heck can that show up as a diff lock light - what ever logic is there in that?

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Landrover Logic

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Bulbs are wires connected to earth, so sometimes another circuit loses its earth or +ve connection and finds a path to earth or +ve via a bulb, causing it to light. That might be it, without looking at the wiring diagram.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Almost certainly to be the reason, blame Lucas, Prince of Darkness!

Sean

73FL74 101GS 2000 110 CSW Blingwagon
Reply to
sean101ryan