can you identify ....

the axle strap shown below fitted to a modifed skoda rapid. I know it is a landrover axle strap, but I don't know which model - anyone help ??

cheers

Reply to
ian

Does it matter what it came off? It's obviously been chopped at one end and it looks like it may have had another hole through it as well at the bottom. I'd be happier if there were two bolts holding it on at the top, were it on my car. If you're looking to do the same I'd just buy the cheapest LR strap....

Regards

William MacLeod

Reply to
willie

It's part of the axle strap off the rear of any Landrover from Series 1 to Series 3. Can't tell which one as part has been cut off. Very poor job - the Landrover installation has the strap held by a plate clamped with two bolts, and does not rely on the hole to withstand load. Also the Landrover installation is looped round the axle. JD

Reply to
JD

How long is it? Buy the look of it it's been cut down so either

237100 SWB Check Strap 88in RH 274469 SWB Check Strap LH 598854 LWB Check Strap

will probably do the job.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd