disco centre diff lock

Anyone know the best way to put a centre diff lock on series 2 discovery (fitted with traction control)?

Reply to
Adhesive Labels

There was an article about just this in one of the Land Rover mags not that long ago. There is a company that is selling a kit to do it (about 250 UKP if I remember rightly). It seems to be a pretty simple job to but apparently it can only be done on early Series II discos that use the old gearbox.

Patrick

Reply to
Patrick Manuel

I'll tell you which one it is in a bit. I'm just sorting them out to put away. Got fed up with falling over them everytime I go in the kitchen.

Reply to
Nikki

Try this

Turns out if you have a stub shaft on top of your transfer case, you can cause the diff to lock by actuating it. Certain year Discoverys don't have the stub. They say you can access it under the center armrest, I have not tried yet. The kit is pricy, you could most likely come up with something yourself if you are handy.

Reply to
Mark