cheap nitromors

If anybody else here is planning to do any stripping and needs to buy nitromors then Focus (round here atleast) have it on offer (or priced incorrectly!) If you buy 1litre cans you get 8litres for less than the price of a 5L tin.

Reply to
Tom Woods

Yes, got some last week and queried it with the checkout. She just shrugged and said "yep, it's stupid isn't it?"

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Bugger - just bought a load yesterday, used both tins today tho, but given up now and have the 2000w hairdryer on it - is proving much easier, and far more fun! I've systematically set off every smoke detector in the house!

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

It took me a minute to work it out. 1L is actually cheaper than 500ml!

Reply to
Tom Woods

They better still have it at the same price tommorrow - I've run out again! Reckon i can put the tins in my recycling box? They do take tins and cans but will they want ones that say 'toxic' on the sides in big letters?

Reply to
Tom Woods

Get a hot air gun! After going through several pots of Nitromors and getting not very far (not that I don't think that it is a good product for the right type of thing) I spent £14.99 on a 2000w hot air gun from Wickes with a load of fancy attachments and have done the hallway - skirting, door frames etc. in two half days - would have taken longer (and cost more!) using Nitromors.

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

If you were using it commercially, it would be hazardous waste. Where has the contents of the tin gone? In the bin (i.e. to landfill) or down the drain? Neither is great, but there is no practical alternative really.

I'd stick it in the recycling bin.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Trouble with using a hot air gun on sheet alluminium is that the finish resembles being shotblasted with half bricks and pebbles...

Mother

Ah... I see the problem!!

I understand that Nitromors works quite well on car paint - as a guy down the road from me (when I lived in London) found out after his wife poured it all over his car after she found out he was cheating on her!

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

Since i'm stripping the exact same thing - that is why i'm using nitromors! I also get the feeling that using my hot air gun all day for a couple of days would cost me similar in electricity as the nitromors did!

Reply to
Tom Woods