Got it back!!!

That's one P38 back on the road, crikey how I missed it!!

Wouldn't be without it now!

Nige

--

Subaru WRX Range Rover 4.6 HSE (The Tank!)

We might be going on a summer holiday, the Greece Ball rally!!!!

Reply to
Nige

Make that two back on the road Nige, new engine is gr8. Next got to let the wallet cool down a bit then swap my front diff before it explodes, I cant hear my new engine for the whine!

gaz

Reply to
Gazza

My list. (not exclusive i have to say!!)

Heater O rings & heater pipe sensor

4 Air suspension bags New tailgate to fit Clean & dry carpet due to O rings Fit various bits of new trim to fit Drivers door check strap to fit. Crankcase front oilseal to fit if the blocked breather hasnt sorted the oil drip! Clean the leather & treat with dye in a few areas. Fit new armrest covers (only £29 & they are fab!!)

etc. etc.

Nige

--

Subaru WRX Range Rover 4.6 HSE (The Tank!)

We might be going on a summer holiday, the Greece Ball rally!!!!

Reply to
Nige

You forgot to add LPG KIT, Nige! teeheehee :-) Badger.

Reply to
Badger

Aye, you aint wrong!!! Feck me, i thought the Subaru used fuel!! Got stuck in a nasty jam & it just vanished!!! All 70 litres i had left..........

Good news is, it don't need the valley gasket doing now!!

The breathers & hoses etc where absolutley gone!!

The chap did say for a car with 155k on the clock the engines got virtually no wear at all which is nice to know! It didnt look badly sooted or crudded up & there was no sign of polished pistons etc!

He's put 10/40 in it as it's got miles on, is he right? I change the oil & filter every 3000 miles anyway.

I can't believe the price some of the older less specced models are going for on eBay. You'll go a long way to find a nicer car for the money in my view. Even bits are getting cheaper.

I'm gonna overhaul the air pump & valve block if i get round to it after i fit the new air bags. The original ones still have the ally cones so are probably original!!! with 155k on 'em too!!

Nige

Cheers

Nige

Subaru WRX Range Rover 4.6 HSE (The Tank!)

We might be going on a summer holiday, the Greece Ball rally!!!!

Reply to
Nige

I went south-west of Edinburgh yesterday to collect our new caravan from a dealers in Livingston, got stuck in the oh-so-typical 5 mile tailback to the Forth bridge, ended up using a full tank of LPG (72 ltrs of gas) to do the

155 miles from Forth Bridge Services to the house, roughly 10mpg! Thank god it runs on gas instead of petrol is all I can say!

Cool.

Typical, I'm afraid.

Just finishing an engine for a P38 for a local chap (4.0, top-hat liners etc etc), his original cam was well worn on no.1 exhaust, the shell bearings were down to copper, but other than that it was on pretty good nick for

130k(ish).

10W40 or 15W40 is the correct grade for that engine anyway. Every 3k is good.

Yes, they are starting to get down to sensible-ish money now, and most of the early ones will already have had most of the common issues dealt with by now. Personally, I still prefer the Disco2 though, but that's just an individual taste thing.

There was mention made previously (here, I think) about better quality pump internals to prevent the pump over-working itself due to internal piston wear, a common issue.

Glad to hear it's sorted and you've got it back. Badger.

Reply to
Badger