Cheap tools to die for.

Oh that's great, I'll let you know in a couple of months then :)

Reply to
wayne

"Nigel" wrote in news:434bccf8$0$8919$ snipped-for-privacy@unlimited.newshosting.com:

Get yourself off to the local vet and ask for a very large hypodermic syringe with the large outlet for stomach feeding orphan lambs. Cost about £1. Ideal for filling or sucking items as well as lambs.

Derry

Reply to
Derry Argue

Thanks Derry, you make me feel really stupid, I work in a school and I can bet the science department has a number of large hypodermic syringes and all the plastic or rubber tubing I need.

They provided me with a supply of graphite the other day to do my starter motor (and enought to do about 20 other starter motors).

All I have to do is make their computer stop working, go to fix it, they will be so grateful at the quick fix they will give me anything. Worked last time!

Nigel

Reply to
Nigel

During stardate Mon, 10 Oct 2005 21:13:08 GMT, "Derek" uttered the imortal words:

yo gorra link for 'em. I'm tryin to visualise then and had a trawl but turned up nowt.

Lee D

-- Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiam. Winston Churchill

'76 101 Camper '64 88" IIa V8 Auto '97 Disco ES Auto LPG'd '01 Laguna

Reply to
Lee_D

depends on what you need it for how about one of these

Derek

I couldn't find em either the only other place I have seen them is on American Chopper - Paul junior has a set ( or 3) the handles are red powder coated and shaped like a wire coathanger triangle I'll email you a picture.Very tactile you do feel just when to ease off and get the impact driver out Derek

Reply to
Derek

or of course you can look at

Derek

Oh, there's potential in that there idea (pulls up customers list...)

Reply to
Mother

I get a rather guilty pleasure from American Chopper.

Don'y particuylarly like the style of the finished bikes, some of the "engineering" at OCC looks a little crude, but the machining of the wheels, the quality of the paint and chrome, and some of the small design details impress the hell out of me.

Wonder if theres a market for someone to do something similar in the UK (in which case, since it'e my idea, I would like to apply for the "Mikey" role)?

David

Reply to
rads

Whilst vaguely on the syringes topic, a RR classic has up to 4 belts on the front of the engine, and if one is squeaking, it can be a bit difficult to tell where the squeak is coming from.

Get a water filled syringe and squirt each belt in turn. When you squirt the right belt, squeaking will instantly stop.

Maybe this is common knowledge, but I was impressed when a mate showed me.

Incidentally, tightening the lower belt fixed the noisy aircon pump I was moaning about last week..............

David

Reply to
rads

I'm way ahead of you there tall blond beard glasses I just need to gain about 4 stone and I can sleep standing up ( I learned that waiting at parts counters in the late 60's) . Its nice when you see them assembling that they don't hide engineering problems tolerance problems retapping threads and such- my favourite was Paul snr b*llcking Mikey for cutting a bolt without leaving a nut on to clear the thread elementary engineering but not to a numbnutz.Have you had a look at the out-takes on the discovery website it makes it all the more amazing that nobody has rivetted Mikey to a ceiling somewhere. Derek

Reply to
Derek

During stardate Mon, 10 Oct 2005 20:10:43 +0100, "Richard Brookman" uttered the imortal words:

Worth mentioning the Halfords proffesional range of ratchets have a life time guarentee. I tried repairing one (with their own kits!) and later found I could have just swapped it for a new one.

I've given mine ALOT of therapy over the years and am happy with them.

Lee D

-- Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiam. Winston Churchill

'76 101 Camper '64 88" IIa V8 Auto '97 Disco ES Auto LPG'd '01 Laguna

Reply to
Lee_D

so SpamTrapSeeSig was, like...

One of the luckiest finds I ever had was when I was standing in Blackpool saying goodbye to the ex-gf (as was then) and a car came round the corner at speed and a thing flew off the roof and landed at my feet. It was a quality pair of water-pump pliers. They are still in the toolbox and get used on most occasions the lid gets opened.

Reply to
Richard Brookman