choice of replacement springs.

hi guys,

just wondering if anyone can help with replacing the rear springs on my series 2a LWB.....

I can`t afford parabolics - and don`t really want them anyway. But - i want a set of springs that are nice and flexible (well, for a series). The springs it has on at the moment are HD leafs - which only articulate if you stick half a tonne of crap in the back (not helpful when on a trial). so i`m after replacing these with some that will bend when the truck is empty. What sort of choices are there when it comes to spring loading on leaf springs? Will nice soft SWB petrol springs fit on the back of my LWB diesel - if so that should be better on articulation that the buggers I have on at the moment.

cheers guys,

Nick C series 2a LWB wakefield UK

Reply to
Nick C

You need a set of lightweight (airportable springs) - bit soft with a load on but ideal lightly loaded and off-road.

Reply to
Exit

Well they fitted well on the SII that I drove with them on - didn't seem to be any mods to fit them. They are a little soft around corners, but gave excellent artic.

Reply to
Exit