CIS insurance problem beware

Apparently some glitch in automatic renewals via credit/ debit cards means

2000 are not insured since July; Radio 4 Sunday night The aotomatic issue of insurance has not taken place. CIS have said they will honour any claims, but when renewing now it is treated as a new quote and is a little more than normal premium.
Reply to
Hirsty's

Nasty.

I should damn well think so, though I expect that is only offered if you renew...

That is unusual these days renewals normaly cost more than new customers, insurance is so competitive they reduce new customers premiums to attract peopel in the hope that they'll just blindly renew in 12 months. New custom via the web can be cheaper than new custom via the phone.

Don't just accept renewal quotes, at the very least get a "new customer" quote from the same company, for the same cover. Doing that saved me quite a bit last time.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I've changed companies yearly for the past 7 years. I get the feeling that when you have 3years to max no-claims the companies aren't interested and want more moey from newer drivers. I got a renewal last year which was more than double the previous years fee. Had i paid with CC etc and let it run to renewal, i would have been out of pocket big style. In all honesty, I can't see how people would miss the fact that a few hundred quid or more was idly sitting around in their bank account when it should have went to CIS. Imagine if you were stopped for driving with no insurance (new police camera traps), then you would be up the creek! no excuses. Anyone renewing their tax would also find they weren't insured!

Wolfie

Reply to
lifeis

tax would also find they weren't insured!

No because they were sent Certificates. The system didnt update hence they effectively were not covered.

Reply to
Hirsty's