cooling system on 1.7 freelander

Not an expert on motors so please pesevere! we have a 01 freelander that continually needs topping up with water its been in and out of the garage but it still gets no better it only seems to loseabout 1/2 pint or so after a run but cant see where is this a common problem?

Reply to
lucky

Seem to remember something about the coolant bottle cracking and was replaced under warranty/recall, not sure if that applies to yours though?

1.7 freelander?? Don't think there is such a thing, 1.8 K series petrol or 2.0 TD4

Andy

Reply to
Andy

Head gasket failures are par for the course on the 1.8k engine.

Have you had it long? Has it always done it since you owned it?

I would look at worse case a warped head, best case a bodged gasket replacement?????

Reply to
Tim Guy