Door not locking

I've recently bought my Discovery 300TDi. It has five doors with central locking. The problem I have is that the rear offside door doesn't lock when I lock the car. I have to manually lock the door before locking the rest with the keyfob. I stripped off the surround a checked the locking handle was free to move and lubricated it. The rest of the system seemed to be OK. Any suggestions as to what to try next? Thanks Davy M.

Reply to
David Murray

There's a stupid little 'hair spring' in the mechanism that snaps. Have a look on e-bay, a chap sells them. I bet the Beamends shop has them too. It's a bit of a PITA to fit, BTDT on the rear door on mine.

Julian.

Reply to
Julian

Same on mine. Ordered the springs off eBay, just haven't got round to fitting 'em yet. Make sure you get the right spring for the door though, nearside and offside are different springs. Drivers door and rear door are one type, passengers door another. Can also get them in full 3/5 door sets.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Brown

Same thing for me, ordered them off ebay, they arrived the next day. They did come with instructions and each spring was labelled depending on which door it was for. It was my rear nearside door also that refused to lock and unlock with the central.

Reply to
Cyberwraith

Thanks for the info. I'll try replacing the springs. A full set on ebay costs about £15. Davy M.

Reply to
David Murray