Conflicting Advice

I have been "shopping" around for some parabolic springs, but get conflicting advice on the shock absorber side, some say I need special ones, others say the standards are ok?

Will I get any "good" deals at the Billing show, or just order for the sake of a small saving (never been to the show, but I am this Friday).

Thanks

Roger

Reply to
Rog

On or around Tue, 15 Jul 2003 12:01:59 +0000 (UTC), "Rog" enlightened us thusly:

According to Chris Perfect/TI Console and the lot in spain who make the springs (the ones that Chris imports, anyway) you're strongly advised to fit new dampers. The parabolics have much less self-damping than the multi-leaf originals, and may also have more travel. Chris was and maybe still is offering a "cheap" option on dampers, which are the standard oil-filled ones developed for the Santana, when they went to parabolic springs. Many people seem to go for pro-comp gas shocks though.

The original dampers will very likely not provide enough damping.

Reply to
Austin Shackles