Range Rover P38 lockout

Hi People, Hope somebody can help?

Problems have turned from bad to worst within the space of a week on my

1999 P38 RR. Earlier a week back I'd posted a query on this group ref a back fire problem on the V8 power unit. I'd come to it this afternoon to investigate things further - all as per kind advice offered through the webgroup....but unfortunately the battery was flat. Everything dead! Thought nothing of it at 1st, but soon came apparent there was a problem.

Can't see what could of flattened the battery whilst it's been stood for 2 wks - other than stories I have heard on the vine about when these vechicles have been left for long periods of time in "Superlock" / "Deadlocked" mode???? Anyone any experiance of this is??

With a good main battery supply reinstated - the vehicle will now not let me in without the alarm going off, and is not effected by any operation of the keyfobs.

Display on the dashboard bincacle is asking for the 'keycode' - to reset everything. But as being at least the 3rd owner of this P38 since new, I do not have the keycode info to hand..

So where does that leave me? Can I get the keycode, or can it be reset from somewhere???

Rgds, John

Reply to
John.gjg

Ring your local LR dealer, it will be on the computer. You might have to bob in. It's simple once you have the code.

They will tell you how to do it as there are a couple of different ways i believe.

They dont charge for it either.

Nige

--

Subaru WRX Range Rover 4.6 HSE (The Tank!)

We might be going on a summer holiday, the Greece Ball rally!!!!

Reply to
Nige