curios conversations

The other day, someone I had not met before said to me.

"I bet you drive a land rover"

Was it the wide brimmed hat, the camo jacket, or maybe the black under my fingernails :)

Reply to
Larry

You'd just taken some loose change out of your pocket and it contained three differently-sized washers and some rust.

Reply to
Judith

I turned up to a sales appointment t'other day, after a five hour drive, to close a sale. As I exchanged pleasantries about the M5, the weather and other stale small talk the guy handed me a cup of tea. In a 101 club mug!

Suffice to say, the meeting flowed and the deal was done. My Sales Manager just looked at me slightly bewildered as the meeting unfolded before him.

I also found out, a while back, that my solicitor has a Series III and a Disco. I now pay £125 per hour for the pleasure of advising him about swivel grease, tyres and other important stuff.

One of my staff has just got a new bloke, who's just sold his Freelander and bought a P38 Range Rover.

They're everywhere you know....

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Probably caught you picking up the bits that had fallen off; at least he did'nt ask if you drove a Jeep !!

Reply to
Hirsty's

Kin eck - is his membership up-to-date?

Reply to
Mother

Ot the oil slick?

Reply to
Mother

Doubt it. He's only got a mug thus far. And a wife...

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs vaguely muttered something like ...

Is she up-to-date ??? ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

On an adjacent topic, why DOES everyone wear those wide brimmed hats? Is it because all l/rs leak or is it a daft cult thing like those burberry caps??

Puzzled of Cardiff.

M.

Reply to
McBad

It's called style dear. You wouldn't understand.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

You're right luv, I don't. ;o)

M.

Reply to
McBad

To keep the sun / rain off mi head. Mind, I'm just looking around the office and along with my battered old Tilley I can see a Bowler, Fez,

2 'opera' Top hats and a Fedora...
Reply to
Mother

Well considering I don't have such a thing as a sunshade, it is usefull when driving off into the sunset :)

Reply to
Larry