cyclone pre-cleaner

I am thinking of putting a cyclone pre-cleaner in a Disco 200 Tdi (the type that goes in the engine bay, to clean the air before it goes into airfilter, not the type on top of a snorkel as I don't really want the hassle and cost of a snorkel), for use on a trip to Morocco, after previous trip showed a fair bit of sand in the airfilter.

Thios would mean that the air intake will be in the engine bay, and no longer in the wing as it originally is on a Disco. So the air would be warmer. How much would this influence performance and economy (particulalry in hot conidtions like desert)?

Any ideas, or experience?

Pieter

Reply to
Pieter Vroom