D90 van sides -- inter-changable??

I need to get some replacement sides for my '97 D90 as the previous gamekeeper owner was inclined to load stags, complete with antlers, into the back! The sides look like a relief map of the Himalayas. :(

Are Defender 90 sides inter-changable or did they vary between models? Due to my location, it is important to know as I don't really want to do a round trip of several hundred miles, and part with money (ouch!), only to discover they don't fit.

Thanks.

Derry

Reply to
Derry Argue

AFAIK, they are interchangeable across all 90" models. The 88" sides will not fit though, due to the 90 being 92.9 or something close and the rear tubs being different lengths. Badger.

Reply to
Badger

"Badger" wrote in news:djoipp$90n$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrdmz01.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com:

Thanks, Badger. I will take my tape measure just in case!

Derry

Reply to
Derry Argue

Derry Hi,

As Badger has said ALL 90 side panels fit across the range of Defender 90 and earlier LAND ROVER 90 vehicles.

88" panels and rear side panels of 110 vehicles are also interchangeable BUT DO NOT FIT on 90s.

No need to take a measuring tape with you but then again it is always a good thing to double check and those may be panels from a 110 mistaken for those from a 90 (it has happened to me)

IF the panels you find do have side linings with them and you do not need them please let me know.

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

"Pantelis Giamarellos" wrote in news:3sb5rvFn9pobU1 @individual.net:

The panels are advertised with side windows and the advertiser bought them secondhand to install into a D90. He has since bought a Discovery so doesn't need the panels -- so I doubt that he will have the linings. But if they are there, you are welcome.

Derry

Reply to
Derry Argue

Derry thanks.

I will be extremely obliged if you let me know. I am searching for a pair of grey plastic side linings from a CSW D90 hardtop for quite some time now. But they have to be in VGC.

Take care and thanks again Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

"Pantelis Giamarellos" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net:

Sorry, Panelis, no linings.

Did a round trip of about 300 miles today, following the directions of some people loading cattle. Drove up a long narow muddy lane with a large trailer behind praying that there would be no one coming in the opposite direction! (I can back a trailer, but for TWO miles??).

Eventually found the place and to my amazement the sides were as advertised and described. Two perfect sides with sliding windows the same colour as my D90 (Coniston green by copincidence) for a mere £160.

BTW, I was offered what looked like a decent D90 with a good 200Tdi engine in it. I was told the chassis is rotten but otherwise appears OK. Located near Kemnay, Aberdeenshire. If anyone is interested, email me at snipped-for-privacy@adviegundogs.co.uk and I will pass on the phone number. Very decent people and good to do business with. But, regretfully, no side panels!

Derry

Reply to
Derry Argue