Dampers

Just had a good one. The rear of the disco was a bit bouncy on the passenger side, came on all of a sudden. Got two new gas shocks to fit in stead of the standard ones. Took off rear wheel to find the top of the shock had parted company with the shaft. No wonder it was bouncy. Shacks were only two years old!! Got them from Paddock.

Peter.

Reply to
Peter Seddon

I have found that Paddocks spares are generally quite low quality/ not the right part.

`Mark

Reply to
Mark

On or around Tue, 01 Mar 2005 17:04:16 +0000, Mark enlightened us thusly:

though to be fair, Paddock offer several grades of dampers, and I don;t expect top quality for the price of the cheap ones, which is something like about 10 quid.

same applies to all the cheap pattern parts, really. You can shell out for genuine parts and some of the time they're noticeably better. Some of the time they're identical...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Bought an exhaust off them, it had no chance whatsoever of mating to the manifold, the landy manifold has a 'rose joint' fitting, and the exhaust they sent had an interference fir pipe, with a collar. Phonned them, and they just kept saying "It's the right one", until I took the manifold off and phoned them with both bits in my hand, and described the fittings.I realise that some parts are cheaper, but the only way you get cheap parts,IMHO, is if the quality of manufacture is less, or the materials used are lower spec, in general. Bought a TMC exhaust, and the difference was obvious, i.e. it weighed more than twice as much, the welding was to a much higher standard, and it fitted first time :0) Yes, it was twice as much cash, but, the job won't need doing again for another ten/15 years, going on how long the last one was on.

`Mark

Reply to
Mark

I was originaly put off bying gas shocks by Paddock who said that as I had anti roll bars, fitting gas shocks would "have me off the road" so I bought bog standard ones.

Peter.

Reply to
Peter Seddon

On or around Wed, 2 Mar 2005 17:12:58 -0000, "Peter Seddon" enlightened us thusly:

that sounds like crap, TBH.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Yep, complete balderdash.

`Mark

Reply to
Mark

Iunderstand that now, the car feels a lot better with the gas shocks on the rear. I'm going to fit the same on the front when the weather gets warmer. I'll probably get a set of blue (softer) poly bushes as well.

Peter.

Reply to
Peter Seddon